Reduce Noise Levels by up to 80% & Heat Loss by up to 65%
Secondary glazing is a cost effective solution to reduce heat loss and noise levels associated with period windows. Units are manufactured using low profile aluminium framing, polyester powder coated in any RAL colour, and are fitted internally to the existing windows. Single glazing is most commonly used as it achieves the benefits below and ensures framing is kept unobtrusive. Units can be fixed, sliding, hinged or fully removable. Our installation team is experienced in fitting to heritage buildings, period properties and shaped windows.
- Improved thermal performance - secondary glazing draught proofs existing windows and greatly reduces heat loss through the glass
- Improved noise insulation - an increased air space vastly reduces outside noise
- Improved security - the unit creates an additional barrier to entry through the window
- Improved UV protection - UV damage to paintings/furnishings internally is reduced
What our customers are saying
"The secondary glazing in our house in Joy Street has made an amazing difference to the outside noise, especially at night when we are trying to sleep. Our neighbours have been so impressed that they have had it installed at the front of their house too! Glassmarque did a terrific job."
- Resident Joy Street Belfast